Friday 28 January 2011

Sad or Not?

You'll have to tell me what you think, I can't decide.

I've started Christmas shopping!

Okay, okay - I might not have actually started. It's only a bid on something at eBay, a thing I found by chance when I was doing something else. But it was one of those 'oh, that'd be PERFECT' moments, and I couldn't resist.

Perfect for my hubbie, that it, and as his birthday has already gone then it has to be Christmas, doesn't it?

I can't tell you what it is because he might peek at my blog and then he'll know what it is, and that would spoil the whole thing, wouldn't it? But I can tell you that it's a collectible thing that I know he'd just love, though precisely because it is a collectible, it's probably going to go for a lot more money that I'm able to spend right now, in which case I won't get it and the whole thing becomes academic, doesn't it?

But if I do get it, yes, I know what you're thinking - why wait till Christmas? Why not just give it to him now, as a surprise gift? Go all spontaneous for once?

Yes, that would be a good thing to do. But this is my dilemma, because there's this little bit of me, niggling away, that says if I do get it, then I really should keep it for Christmas, because it's special.

But he's special too! Maybe I'll get him some chocolate and a bottle of fizz this weekend.

That way I can pretend I'm not completely anal. :)

6PM UPDATE - I WON THE AUCTION - THAT'S CHRISTMAS STARTED, THEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment