Thursday 20 January 2011

Welcome To The New Me!

The new she? 'What's she been and gone and done?' I hear you cry!

Fret not, for what you are looking at is not just the new me - it's the real me.

Yesterday I had the confirmation I'd been expecting for a while, that the rights for my two published works of fiction have been reverted back to me. In other words, they're no longer with a publisher, and no longer for sale.

Am I bothered? No, not a jot! After a bunch of fabulous reviews - and I mean, fabulous - we're talking 5+'s and outstanding or recommended reads here - I cannot complain. I had a blast with those publications, they raised money for my favourite charity, they made me some lifelong friends - and I learned a lot.

Oh, boy, did I learn a lot!

I learned how to write, and I learned how I didn't want to write.

I learned to go along with things I wasn't convinced of in my own mind, and I learned later that no matter what, I'll go with what's in my heart from now on.

I learned what it's like to be categorised, and I learned that I don't want, ever, to be put in another box.

I learned that I AM a good writer, and I learned - thanks to some dear writing friends - that no matter what else is going on in someone's life, the love, the desire and the talent for writing will never, ever go away.

And most of all - I've learned that I'm free to write what I want to write. And that I'll keep doing it.

So here I am. This is the new me. Here I'll say what I want to say, share with you what I want to share, and express myself in all the ways I want. I'm excited beyond belief!

I don't regret a moment of my past adventures in publishing. I have a NEW adventure coming up, with the wonderful Muse It Up Publications who've taken my short story Edinburgh Fog, and I hope I'll have a home there for a while.

But most of all, I have the home in my heart - hence the title of my new blog, which I'll be coming back to in another post. Keep watching for that.

I'm at the start of a new adventure! Come with me, I'd love your company!

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 'New Home' Jane, the new blog looks wonderful.

    I agree with what you say. I think there comes a point when you realise something has run its course and it's time to branch out and expand, or even to take a new direction.

    I applaud your positive attitude, and the way you've embraced this as the chance to spread your wings and fly. Rather than looking back and seeing a closed door, you've see it as a wide corridor, with more doors leading to - well who knows where.

    Good luck and wishes for success in your new writing ventures, and wherever the road may lead you.
    Ly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jane. I, too, have learned a lot in the three years I've been an ebook author. And like you, I now have learned to stand up for what I believe in. It feels good to take positive steps and have a part in shaping your future, doesn't it? I wish you great success in your new venture. Linda Swift

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, did I forget to mention that my husband and I lived in Kingston-upon-Hull a few years ago? I left a chunk of my heart it England and would love to return for another few years. We traveled a lot in Northern and mid-England, Scotland, and Wales, but didn't get to the South very much. Wish we could have seen more of your part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I forget to mention that my husband and I loved in Kingston-upon-Hull a few years ago? We saw much of the middle and northern part of you country but didn't get to see as much of the south as we would have liked. I left a big chunk of my heart in England and would love to return for a few more years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting times, Jane! Congratulations on the new blog and your forthcoming short story. If you want to mention your super new blog on the pinkie and the British Romance Fiction blogs, please feel free to do so

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, I thought I'd lost my second comment and tried to correct that. Now I've been redundant. Please excuse the error. And oops, we LIVED in England. Well, maybe a Freudian slip here????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you, my dear sweet friend. I love you as you were, but if this is the new you, I'll love it, too. Your blog is gorgeous, and I enjoyed reading your thoughts about your career and your goals.Congratulations, and best wishes for much success.. I'll be around. Celia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning, Jane! Or should I say morning to the Revamped Jane? However you are, dear, is fine with me. I love the free spritied style of your graphics and this particular combo of blues is very striking. Nicely done!

    I'm looking forward to the next chapter in the Book of Jane.

    Hugs!

    Maggie
    http://mudpiesandmagnolias.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lyn, thank you! I'm opening all those doors and sticking my foot right in 'em so they don't get shut on me before there's a chance to see what's behind them! Lovely to see you.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, yes, positive is the only way. And I LOVED your Freudian slip! Always a pleasure to see you. :)

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheers, Lindsay! And I will probably do just that! Thanks for your support and encouragement - as always. :)

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Celia! My yellow rose friend! I'm so glad you came over, it's smashing to see you. :)

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Maggie, my dear - it's ever such a long book! Lovely to see you, my dear pal. :)

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, everyone. I'll be getting your links up here soonest. :)

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I understand what you're saying, my friend! I love the title of your short story, Edinburgh Fog. You do write wonderful short stories. :-) I look forward to following your blog. You've been "off the air" too long!

    P.S. Hello to all my writing friends!

    Bess

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bess! How lovely to see you! And thank you. Good to have you around again!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jane, my dear friend, congratulations for taking the proverbial bull by the horn and making lemonade from lemons. I admire your spunk and courage, but above all else, I applaud your voice of fierce independence that make you the incredible woman that you are!
    It still marvels me that through the amazing power of the Internet and cyberspace, we were fortunate enough to meet. I met so many wonderful online friends, and you my darling Jane, are among the finest!

    We share so much in our fight for the cure for type 1 diabetes. Here’s a toast to that red letter day!

    Wishing you much luck in all future endeavors. I’ve added your new sites to my favorites, so don’t think you’re getting rid of me! I hope you will consider being a guest on the Dear Oliver show. You know where to find me!

    Love and hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sharon, thanks so much for such a wonderful message! I'll drink a toast with you any day of the year, my friend! And of course I'd LOVE to be a guest on the Dear Oliver show, I don't think I'd have too many problems thinking of something to sound off about! I'll be in touch. :) Love and hugs to you too, dear pal!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete