Friday, 10 June 2011
It's A Dog's Life
You can learn a lot from a dog.
Here are a few of the life-lessons my dog's taught me:
1. Live in the moment, make the best of it you can. And if it sucks, no worries - there's another moment coming along any minute.
2. It's not the weather that's important - it's what you do with the weather you've got that matters.
3. Life's so much better if you're prepared to dive right in and get your paws mucky. You can always have a bath afterwards.
4. Sleep is good for you. Get as much of it as possible
5. A hug, given with genuine love and warmth, really does change everything.
6. If all else fails, go chew a blanket.
7. A waggly tail always helps. If you haven't got a tail, a smile does just as well.
8. The old chestnut about a stranger being a friend you just never met before is often true - but remember to listen to your instincts too.
9. Don't underestimate the little things - the roof over your head, dinner in your dish and the love of the people around you is pretty much all you need.
10. Never stick your nose in the nettles.
Yup, you can learn a lot from a dog.